Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Writing Family Books

Hi Everyone,
Sorry to be gone so long.  Medical stuff came up and I went down!
Anyway, I am working on the Jeffery Family Book.  So far it is in chapters concerning each family per generation [I have so much info it is hard to figure out how to arrange the stories and information -ah, such travails...]  So I decided to go cronologicaly from the far back past to the current day.  Id start with John and Mary Bishop Jeffery coming from Ireland.  Then have a small blerb about each of their kids.  Then write more about the kids I know of.  Then go to the next generation and follow William and Mary Ferguson [and then Sarah Burney] Jeffery and their adventures.  And do a small bit about their kids and so on until I get to the more recent generations. 
I'm going to include pictures and illustrations.  This should be pretty nice.
The other idea I had was to invite family members to read the info and add their two cents.  There's others who know family stories or have letters and such that I don't have. So I thought it would be nice to get those bits of info in there if possible.
Then, there was finding out about the places where the Jeffery's lived at the time they lived there.  Ohio, when it was first being settled was apparently a tree covered expanse.  Old growth forest that blocked out the sun.  People who visited upper Ohio in the early to mid 1800's said it was a dark gloomy region where the only place to see some sun was where the settlers had felled many of the trees and tried to clear the land.  This is what the Jeffrey's had to do when they got to Congress, Wayne County, Ohio.

It's really fun to write about your ancestors and their lives and times.  I don't want to just collect a bunch of info to put in my family tree.  I want to know what happened to these people that were here before me.  So collecting any stories and publishing them for the next generations is where I'm at!

No comments:

Post a Comment